You can book online through the website or telephonically. Once a booking is confirmed, a 50% deposit would be required within 10 working days to secure your booking. Full payment of the balance would be payable 21 days before departure date. Should the date on which you book fall within 21 days from date of arrival, the full amount for your stay would be payable within 2 working days. Upon receipt of the deposit we will fax or e-mail the booking confirmation, along with relevant information pertaining to your stay. Please ensure that you receive all this information before you leave.
On making a booking it will be automatically assumed that the client / agent understands and accepts Barra Estate LDA's terms and conditions as stated on this page.
Accommodation rates are quoted in South African Rands.
Maximum number of persons per unit:
The maximum number of persons would not exceed 6, 4 or 2 per designated chalet. Children under the age of 2 years would not form part of this quota.
The minimum number of nights which can be booked for any of the chalets is two nights.
All cancellations must be received in writing a minimum of 4 weeks prior to departure. Cancellations will be confirmed to you in writing.
- No show or cancellation within 14 days of stay – No refund due.
- Cancellation between 15 and 30 days before stay – 25% of the deposit that was required will be refunded.
- Cancellation between 60 and 30 days before stay – 50% of the deposit that was required will be refunded.
- Cancellation more than 60 days before stay – full refund.
- For all long stay bookings, where a cancellation occurs within 24 (twenty four) hours of arrival, you may retain the full amount quoted for the first four weeks, 25% (twenty five percent) of the amount quoted for the following four weeks and the balance of the amount quoted for the remainder of the booking must be refunded.
Changing a Booking:
If you wish to change your confirmed booking to alternative dates, you may do so subject to availability. No refunds would be entertained if you decide to shorten your stay during peak seasons.
Barra Estates shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of
this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to
Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
Payment options accepted:
Payment may be made via Visa and MasterCard credit cards or by bank transfer into the Barra Estates bank
account, the details of which will be provided on request.
Credit card acquiring and security:
Credit card transactions will be acquired for Barra Estates via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved
payment gateway. PayGate is a licensed System Operator with the Payments Association of South
Africa (PASA). PayGate is fully PCI compliant and uses the strictest form of encryption, namely
Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no credit card details are stored on the website. Users may go to
www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details:
Customer details will be stored by Barra Estates separately from card details which are entered by the client
on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency:
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South
Africa. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Passports and Visas:
Please ensure that your passports and visas are in order before departing as we cannot be held liable for these as they are your responsibility. For people flying in on charters, luggage will be strictly limited to one soft "hold all" bag, containing no more than 15kg inclusive of dive gear. Luggage allowance excludes camera equipment.
All bookings are made on the express condition that Barra Estates LDA, it's directors, staff and agents shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any loss, damage, accident or death, delay or inconvenience to any person, or his luggage or other property.
The guests must at all times comply with the laws, customs and foreign exchange regulations of the country visited. Should a guest be detected in any contravention of the laws, customs and foreign exchange regulations, or should the guest be a nuisance, the Lodge may request the guest to leave the Lodge without refunding any monies paid and without liability to Barra Estates LDA, it's directors, staff or agents. The guest shall be obliged to make his/her own way home at his/her expense and responsibility.
All guests undertake and agree that they will at all times comply with Barra Estates LDA's requirements with regard to their conduct and will not in any way constitute a nuisance to other persons.
We seek your co-operation to ensure that your stay at Barra Beach Resort (and that of other guests) is enjoyable, peaceful and a pleasant place for you to spend your holiday.
To assist us in enabling this objective to be achieved we ask all guests to abide by the following rules.
- As this is a family orientated environment, we ask that you respect the rights of other guests by observing a “Quiet Time” between 10:00pm and 7:30am each day where noise is kept to minimum levels.
- We have a “No Smoking” policy in place. This applies to the interior of all buildings including the entertainment units.
- Management reserves the right to enforce compliance regarding the consumption of excess alcohol. Guests who disregard the instruction of management will be asked to leave the site without any reimbursement of accommodation costs.
- For the safety of all guests, we request that the driving speed within the resort grounds be at a walking speed only.
- Please be advised guests will be held liable for any damage or theft sustained to the property of Barra Estates LDA and any loss of keys will incur a R100 replacement fee.
- Any damage caused to resort property or accommodation will be recovered from the fee payable by way of deduction from your credit card or an invoice to the name of the principle party securing the accommodation due to the actions of yourself or a member of your party.
- Barra Estates LDA takes no responsibility for any lost or stolen items from accommodation or vehicles and suggests that guests securely lock their unit and/or vehicle when unoccupied.
You are strongly recommended to arrange your own travel and all risks insurance. Check with your broker to see what cover you have and can obtain for travel in Mozambique.
Barra Estates LDA, it's directors, staff and agents would not be held liable for any loss of property or life irrespective of the cause.
Barra Estates LDA may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without
Links to third parties:
Barra Estates LDA does not control any third party website and is therefore not responsible for the content of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. Barra Estates LDA provides such links only as a convenience to you and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by Barra Estates LDA of the linked website or any information contained in it.